Featured learning and development project
The Social Impact Collaborative equips William Penn Foundation grantees with the information, skills, and tools they need to use data to drive improvement and share their stories with key stakeholders in the Philadelphia community and beyond.
During the first year of the program, each participating grantee selects a program, project, campaign, or initiative to be the focus of their participation in the Social Impact Collaborative. They develop or refine a logic model and aligned set of indicators for tracking impact, design a plan for data collection and analysis, and create a strategy for communicating about impact with diverse stakeholders. In the second year of the program, grantees apply these evaluation and learning practices organization-wide.
The following 10 organizations are currently participating in the third cohort of the program:
- Ars Nova Workshop
- First Up
- Habitat for Humanity
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Opera Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Education Fund
- The Center for Black Educator Development
- The Kimble Group
- Wilma Theater
- Wissahickon Trails
The following 10 organizations recently completed the second cohort of the program in fall 2020:
- Community Design Collaborative
- Cooper’s Ferry Partnership
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Families Forward Philadelphia
- Fleisher Art Memorial
- Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation
- Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- People's Emergency Center
- Sustainable Business Network
- The Village of Arts and Humanities
The following 10 organizations completed the inaugural cohort of the program, which concluded in spring 2019:
- Barnes Foundation
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Delaware Nature Society
- Delaware River Waterfront Corporation
- Education Law Center
- Norris Square Community Alliance
- Philadelphia Music Alliance for Youth
- Philadelphia Parks Alliance
- Philadelphia Public School Notebook
- The River Network
Check out our blog post to learn more about the SIC experience!
The current cohort of SIC will be finishing in Fall 2023. Please email Impact-ED@sas.upenn.edu for information on future cohorts or supports.
Learn more about the Social Impact Collaborative and hear directly from participating organizations. If you are having trouble seeing this video, you can watch it on YouTube.